The new place is my idea of Kentucky living. The house is smaller than our current house but our family agreed to give up some indoor space to get more outdoor space. We will have an acre and a half with our
very own creek! It’s called Crooked Creek and we can’t wait to go crick stomping and explore. The property has lots of trees and grass and it’s very beautiful, peaceful and quiet.
I couldn’t wait to get online to see what amazing things happened in our new town. I didn’t think a town of 1,800 people and only one store (Family Dollar) would have much going on. But our new town Lebanon
Junction, KY had a few surprises for me.
1. We are only miles from one of the facilities that makes Jim Beam
2. We are not far from Fort Knox. (This may come in handy in case a zombie apocalypse ever happens. In which case #1 will come in handy too.)
3. We are next to the Bernheim Research Forest which is 14,000 acres. What the hell do they do at a research forest anyway? (After you read #4 and #5 you may have an idea.)
4. There have been big foot sightings in our area.
5. I don’t know if you are ready for this, I know I wasn’t. In 2010, only six miles from my new house a man named Mark Cothren shot and killed a Chubacabra! I shit you not, a flippin chubacabra! What are the odds?! What other freakish creatures are going to wonder out of the Bernheim Research Forest and into my yard?!
6. And thankfully the Remington Factory isn’t far away either because I dam well need an arsenal now.
I still have a million things to do but wanted to share with you the details on my new house. I can’t wait until we are settled and I can get back to writing/blogging on a regular basis. I think Lebanon Junction, Kentucky is going to provide plenty of amazing blog topics.
And one more thing that’s been on my mind…..when texting and telling a person that I am driving through Peoria, my phone auto corrects to psoriasis. Why does this happen?!